Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Get your Product Noticed - Make an Offer They Can't Refuse

"Harvey I like your site and I have a gift for you" said the email message.

A little hesitant, as I did not know the sender I clicked on the link - and was amazed to see that he had, unasked, produced a superb cover for my ebook Ad Tracking SuperTips.

And he also supplied two similar versions in different sizes saying

"Use as you wish, no obligation"

Well I did not have to think twice about replacing my own hand made version with this new one.

And as the author had an affiliate program it was an easy decision to use this in the credits section of the book appendix, a potential source of revenue for both of us.

How do you think his novel approach compares with a standard mailing saying "I like your site and wonder if you would like to promote my ebook cover service ?"

Can you think of a similar tactic for getting your product noticed - and make an offer they can't refuse ?

No comments: